Personal data protection policy
This policy determines how we handle the information we learn about you when you visit the Website. The protection of your privacy and personal data is an important aspect of how we create, organise and apply our activities on and off the internet.
We reserve the right to make changes at any time without notice. These changes will have immediate effect and therefore you should regularly check the present terms so as to be informed of any changes.
“Company” shall mean Autohellas A.T.E.E, franchisee of the Hertz Corporation.
“Website” shall mean the present website at www.dollar.com.gr.
“User” shall mean any visitor to the Website.
Collection of personal data
When you visit the website to read or navigate, we collect and store only the following information, which is automatically identified: date and time, IP address, domain name, browser type and operating system used (provided the browser allows for this), browsing report, search topic, completion of request status, page views, duration and breadth of connection, entry into and exit from pages, bounce rates, search engines and search terms used.
If the User wishes to gain access to the services provided via the Website (e.g. online car rental reservation), it will be necessary to provide the Company with information classified as "personal data"*. The collection of personal data is limited to data that is absolutely necessary in order to achieve the stated objective and is carried out in accordance with Article 4(1)(a) of Law 2472/97 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
Collection of personal data from third parties
In addition to the Website, we also collect personal data from third parties in certain cases, such as:
1) Bookings made via travel agents, with which the Company has concluded an agreement;
2) Other companies with which the Company collaborates.
Please note that the Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of third-party websites, nor for any other damage or loss caused or assumed to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such website or its content. We recommend that you read the personal data policies of all other companies and/or agencies when visiting their websites.
Use of personal data
The User acknowledges and accepts that the Company has the right to forward his/her personal data to any collaborating company or provider of services and products for operational, processing, statistical or background purposes. The user is entitled – at any time – to access his/her personal data, update the data and/or object to their further processing pursuant to Article 13 of Law 2472/97.
Protection and storage of personal data
In our efforts to protect personal data and the data you provide to the Website, we follow generally accepted industrial processes and commercially accepted means, and we also adapt all procedures (physical and electronic) for the protection of personal data accordingly. In particular:
1) We place restrictions on our employees’ access to personal data.
2) We apply strict policies and procedures on the management of personal data by our employees.
3) For the purpose of encrypting transmitted data, we use Transport Secure Layer (TSL), which is a global internet security standard. In particular, encryption is carried out through TLS 1.2 – 256bits, while the DigiCert Extended Validation Certificate is used to validate the identity of the public key.
Personal data are stored by us for as long as we deem necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected, or as required by current legislation.
Nevertheless, despite all our efforts, the Company cannot guarantee the absolute safety of data during their transmission or storage on the Internet. If you have any reason to believe that your account or data are not secure, please contact us immediately.
* The information we collect, which could be classified as personal data, include inter alia: Full name, telephone number, email address, credit card information, Frequent Traveller number, identification details (ID card/passport) and driving licence details.